A £100,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on the Moyagall Road, Gulladuff will commence on Monday 10 June 2019.
The scheme, which will extend for a distance of approximately 800 metres from the Mullaghboy Road / Eden Road crossroads towards Gulladuff, will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of the carriageway.
Given the nature of the scheme and to help ensure the safety of road users and workers it will be necessary to implement a full road closure for the duration of the works. During the road closure a two-way traffic diversion will be in operation along the A54 Ballymacombs Road from Portglenone through Bellaghy and the B182 to Gulladuff and vice versa.
Advanced warning signage for the closure will be provided and diversion routes will be signed as necessary. Local access will be facilitated where possible.
Completion of the scheme by 16 June is subject to favourable weather conditions and the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
The Department has carefully programmed the works operations and traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, however road users should expect some delays and allow additional time should when planning any journeys.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Mallon announces the start of £300,000 resurfacing schemes on Victoria Drive and Victoria Road, Bangor 21 February 2020
- Agencies working together to tackle impacts of rainfall 21 February 2020
- Statistical press release – Publication of Road Safety issues in Northern Ireland 2018/19 20 February 2020
- £80,000 footway reconstruction scheme for Hillhall Park, Lisburn 20 February 2020