A resurfacing scheme of 1.2 kilometres long will start on the A46 Loughshore Road (Enniskillen to Belleek) at Blaney at a cost of £100,000.
The resurfacing works on this road, which is an important link road to County Donegal, will complement the section of resurfacing carried out last year. Work will commence on Monday 13 February 2017 and is expected to be complete by Sunday 19 February.
Due to the restricted carriageway width available, and to help ensure the safety of contractors and road users, it will be necessary to close the A46 Road to through traffic from 8.00 am to 6.00 pm each day for a period of 6 days. Traffic diversions will be in place via the A4 Sligo Road and B52 Brollagh Road and local access will be retained.
TransportNI has carefully programmed the works operations and traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, however motorists should be aware that some delays may be expected and that additional time should be allowed when planning any journeys.
As with all improvement schemes of this type, the planned date is subject to favourable weather conditions.
For information about this and other improvement schemes across the North visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- Resurfacing scheme for Portadown Road, Armagh 22 September 2023
- Launch of recruitment competition for Chair to the Board of Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners 21 September 2023
- Resurfacing scheme for Aghory Road, Richhill 20 September 2023
- Department announces appointments to Board of Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners 19 September 2023