A resurfacing scheme of 1.2 kilometres long will start on the A46 Loughshore Road (Enniskillen to Belleek) at Blaney at a cost of £100,000.
The resurfacing works on this road, which is an important link road to County Donegal, will complement the section of resurfacing carried out last year. Work will commence on Monday 13 February 2017 and is expected to be complete by Sunday 19 February.
Due to the restricted carriageway width available, and to help ensure the safety of contractors and road users, it will be necessary to close the A46 Road to through traffic from 8.00 am to 6.00 pm each day for a period of 6 days. Traffic diversions will be in place via the A4 Sligo Road and B52 Brollagh Road and local access will be retained.
TransportNI has carefully programmed the works operations and traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, however motorists should be aware that some delays may be expected and that additional time should be allowed when planning any journeys.
As with all improvement schemes of this type, the planned date is subject to favourable weather conditions.
For information about this and other improvement schemes across the North visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- O’Dowd grants planning permission for Kells Solar Farm 06 October 2022
- Road improvement scheme for Carnreagh Road, Hillsborough 06 October 2022
- O’Dowd joins pupils to celebrate 50th Anniversary of Road Safety Teaching Calendar 06 October 2022
- Road improvement scheme for Lough Road, Lisburn 06 October 2022