Infrastructure Minister John O’Dowd today met with pupils from the School Council at St John the Baptist Primary School in Portadown.
The Minister was given an update on the work of the School Council and its positive impact on the wider school community.
The Minister said:
“I was delighted to be invited to the school today to meet with members of the School Council and to hear about their work advocating for their fellow pupils and the school.
“ High on their agenda is road safety which I was very happy to discuss that with them today. I believe that it is vitally important that the voices of pupils are heard.”
“I would like to extend my thanks to the school for my invite today to meet the pupils and I wish them every success for the future.”
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Publication of ‘DfI Driver, Vehicle, Operator, and Enforcement Statistics 2022-23 Quarter One’ 30 November 2022
- £350,000 investment in rural roads in Armagh area 29 November 2022
- £584,000 resurfacing scheme for Grange Blundell Road, Armagh to commence 28 November 2022
- Action Plan for Electric Vehicle Infrastructure published 25 November 2022