North Street, Newtownards, will benefit from a £100,000 carriageway and footway resurfacing scheme beginning Saturday 18 January 2020.
The improvement works will include resurfacing an approximately 60 metres stretch of road, from Frances Street to West Street, and will include both footways on North Street. Delays are possible and we are grateful for the patience of road users while we complete this work.
The works involve the relocation of a gas main and as a result, it will initially be necessary to operate a full closure of North Street from its junction with Frances Street to its junction with West Street from 1.00 pm on Saturday 18 January to 10.00 pm on Wednesday 22 January.
A one way traffic system will operate and a diversion will be signposted via East Street, Ann Street, Frances Street, Castle Place, High Street, Mill Street, Gibson’s Lane and Regent Street.
From 8.00 am on Thursday 23 January to 6.00 pm on Friday 14 February 2020, a one way traffic system will be in operation with traffic temporarily prohibited in a southerly direction from its junction with West Street to its junction with Frances Street.
To help ensure the safety of road users and road workers, we would ask the public to comply with temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
The dates and duration of the works will be dependent on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Mallon delivers MOT test centres to help fight COVID-19 06 April 2020
- Minister Mallon announces appointment of the Chair for the Board of Northern Ireland Water 01 April 2020
- Mallon urges the public to support frontline workers 30 March 2020
- Statistical press release – Public transport journey planning in Northern Ireland 2018/2019 26 March 2020