A number of new parking restrictions provided through an Environmental Improvement Scheme in Enniskillen will be enforceable from 7 December 2023.
New disabled parking bays which are located on Belmore Street, Church Street, Darling Street, East Bridge Street, Halls Lane, High Street and Townhall Street can only be used by registered Blue Badge holders. They are limited to three hours Monday to Saturday between 8.00 am and 6.30 pm, with no return to a parking place for one hour.
New parking places, loading bays, waiting restrictions and an urban clearway on Belmore Street, Church Street, Darling Street, East Bridge Street, Halls Lane, High Street, Paget Square, Regal Pass, Townhall Street and Wesley Street will also become operational on 7 December.
All vehicles found to be in breach of the new restrictions will receive a £90 Penalty Charge Notice, discounted to £45 if paid within 14 days.
Drivers are urged to abide by the new rules and to show consideration at all times when parking to ensure they are not causing an obstruction and inconvenience to others.
Notes to editors:
- The new parking bays have been legislated for in ‘The Parking Places (Disabled Persons’ Vehicles) (Amendment No. 6) Order (Northern Ireland) 2023’.
- The Parking Places, Loading Bays, Waiting Restrictions and Urban Clearway (Enniskillen) Order (Northern Irelan) 2023, will legislate for new parking places, loading bays, waiting restrictions and an urban clearway on Belmore Street, Church Street, Darling Street, East Bridge Street, Halls Lane, High Street, Paget Square, Regal Pass, Townhall Street and Wesley Street.
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure and on LinkedIn at DfILinkedIn
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Publication of DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – November 2023 08 December 2023
- Newry, Mourne and Down District Council pledge to Share the Road to Zero 08 December 2023
- The Travel Survey for Northern Ireland In-depth Report 2021 has been published today 07 December 2023
- Consultation begins on options for introducing water and sewerage charges 07 December 2023