Infrastructure Minister Chris Hazzard has announced the start of £220,000 re-surfacing works on the A34 Clones Road, Newtownbutler.
The work on three sections of the road at Kilready, Legmacaffrey and Clonagun will total 2 kilometres of the road surface.
Minister Hazzard said:
“This road is an important link to County Monaghan and the South and the scheme will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of the carriageway on this main route to Clones. This will help improve transport connections for people, goods and services.”
Due to the restricted carriageway width available, and to help ensure the safety of road users and contractors, it has been necessary to close the A34 Road to through traffic from 8.00 am to 6.00 pm each day for a period of two weeks from 23 January to 3 February 2017. Traffic diversions will be in place via the B533 Wattlebridge Road but local access will be provided where possible.
TransportNI has carefully programmed the works operations and traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, however motorists should be aware that some delays may be expected and that additional time should be allowed when planning any journeys.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or e-mail: email@example.com
- Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- Infrastructure Minister meets Mental Health Champion 28 February 2024
- Dalradian Gold Ltd - Minerals Planning Application LA10/2017/1249/F and NIE Networks – Powerline Planning Applications LA10/2019/1386/F & LA11/2019/1000/F 26 February 2024
- O’Dowd invests additional £8.1m to repair the road network 25 February 2024
- Infrastructure Minister welcomes suspension of transport strike 25 February 2024