Construction works to connect the new Millennium Way Extension in Lurgan to the Flush Place/Gilford Road/Banbridge Road and Millennium Way/Malcolm Road junctions is due to commence on 9 January 2017.
The temporary traffic management required to carry out the works safely will consist of a number of road closures and localised lane closures which are likely to cause travel disruption within the local area.
The first of these closures will be at Flush Place from 10 to 13 January 2017. Details of subsequent closures will be provided in notices in the local press.
TransportNI will continue to work with the construction contractor to complete the works as soon as possible and will endeavour to minimise delays during the remainder of the works.
Works on the project are expected to complete in April 2017.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or e-mail: email@example.com
- Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- Reappointments and extension to the Board of Northern Ireland Water 06 December 2023
- Road Safety campaigns to reduce careless driving and speeding 01 December 2023
- The Department for Infrastructure announces intention to increase Strangford Lough Ferry fares 29 November 2023
- Publication of Young Persons’ Behaviour and Attitudes Survey 2022 Travel to and from School Factsheet 24 November 2023