Construction work currently underway at Millennium Way in Lurgan will be now complete early next year.
Despite good progress with the construction of the new section of Millennium Way, progress has been slower than expected at both the Flush Place/Gilford Road/Banbridge Road and Millennium Way/Malcolm Road junctions.
Both junctions contain a significant amount of utility provider equipment and despite considerable advance works the necessary alteration and diversion of this equipment has been protracted and has proved more challenging than anticipated.
Works are now expected to complete in Spring 2017.
TransportNI will continue to work with the construction contractor and utility providers to complete the works as soon as possible and will endeavour to minimise delays during the remainder of the works and in particular the busy Christmas period.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- Resurfacing scheme for Portadown Road, Armagh 22 September 2023
- Launch of recruitment competition for Chair to the Board of Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners 21 September 2023
- Resurfacing scheme for Aghory Road, Richhill 20 September 2023
- Department announces appointments to Board of Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners 19 September 2023