Infrastructure Minister Nichola Mallon has announced that two carriageway resurfacing schemes in Bangor will commence on Monday 24 February 2020. Victoria Drive and Victoria Road will both benefit from a £300,000 investment.
The resurfacing work will extend over the full length of Victoria Drive from its junctions with Victoria Road and on Victoria Road from its junction with Clifton Road to its junction with Holborn Avenue.
Minister Mallon said:
“I am pleased to announce this significant investment in the Bangor area. This scheme will greatly enhance the road surface for all who use it and will better connect the local community and visitors to the area for many years to come.”
To help ensure the safety of those using the roads, temporary traffic management will be in place on Victoria Drive between 9.30am and 4.00pm from Monday 24 February until Friday 6 March.
It will be necessary to operate a daily weekday road closure (Monday – Friday) on Victoria Road between 9:30am and 4.00pm from Monday 2 March until Friday 27 March. A signed diversion route will be in place via Clifton Road, High Street and Holborn Avenue.
The road will be open to traffic in the evenings during the week and all day Saturday and Sunday.
The Department has programmed the work and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when planning any journeys.
Completion of the work by 27 March, is dependent on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Mallon delivers MOT test centres to help fight COVID-19 06 April 2020
- Minister Mallon announces appointment of the Chair for the Board of Northern Ireland Water 01 April 2020
- Mallon urges the public to support frontline workers 30 March 2020
- Statistical press release – Public transport journey planning in Northern Ireland 2018/2019 26 March 2020