Infrastructure Minister Nichola Mallon has announced that a £275,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on the Carrickmannon Road, Ballygowan will begin on Monday 10 February 2020.
The resurfacing work will extend a distance of 1,600 metres from its junction with Bog Road to its junction with Station Road.
Minister Mallon said:
"I am pleased to announce this road improvement scheme on the Carrickmannon Road, which represents an investment of £275,000 in the Ballygowan area. This scheme will greatly enhance the road surface for all who use it and will better connect the local community and visitors to the area for many years to come.
“We in DfI are working with our stakeholders to co-ordinate these essential roadworks and are publishing details in advance to help people plan alternate routes.”
To help ensure the safety of those using the roads, it will be necessary to operate a daily weekday road closure (Monday – Friday) between the hours of 8.00 am and 5.00 pm from Monday 10 February until Friday 28 February. A signed diversion will be in place via Moss Road, Ballybunden Road, Comber Road, Saintfield Road/Kilcarn Road and vice versa.
The road will be open to traffic in the evenings during the week and all day Saturday and Sunday.
The Department has programmed the work and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when planning any journeys.
Completion of the work by 28 February, is dependent on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com/twni/
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £210,000 road improvement scheme for B43 Pomeroy Road, Pomeroy 28 September 2020
- £310,000 road and footway improvement scheme for B40 Moneyneaney Road, Moneyneaney 25 September 2020
- The Northern Ireland Planning Statistics: First Quarter 2020/21 Statistical Bulletin, has been published today 24 September 2020
- The Northern Ireland Road Safety Strategy (NIRSS) to 2020 Annual Statistical Report, has been published today 24 September 2020