Infrastructure Minister Nichola Mallon has announced a £220,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on Duncairn Gardens in North Belfast, which will commence on Sunday 2 February 2020.
The resurfacing works will extend a distance of approximately 750 metres between the Antrim Road and North Queen Street.
Minister Mallon said:
“Duncairn Gardens is a busy thoroughfare for local people as they go about their daily lives. This much needed and significant investment will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of the road network to the benefit of all who use it.”
To facilitate the work it will be necessary to operate daily road closures, weekdays only, from Monday 3 February 2020 until Friday 14 February 2020 between the hours of 9.30 am and 4.30 pm, and on three consecutive Sundays 2, 9 and 16 February 2020 between the hours of 7.00 am and 4.30 pm.
Diversionary routes will be signed and access for residents and businesses will be maintained as much as possible. To help ensure the safety of road users and road workers, we would ask the public to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to exercise extra care when travelling in the area.
Whilst the Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, road users should expect some delays and allow additional time when planning any journey.
Completion of the scheme by 16 February will be dependent on favourable weather conditions.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com/
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £80,000 footway reconstruction scheme for Hillhall Park, Lisburn 20 February 2020
- £120,000 road improvement scheme for Tempo Road, Enniskillen 20 February 2020
- Mallon announces £226,000 road improvement scheme for Baranailt Road, near Claudy 20 February 2020
- Agencies prepare ahead of weather warning for rain 20 February 2020