Infrastructure Minister Nichola Mallon has announced that a £135,000 resurfacing scheme on Belmont Park, Belfast will commence on Monday 3 February 2020 and is scheduled to last for five weeks.
To facilitate the works it will be necessary to implement a series of road closures from 8.00 am to 6.00 pm Monday to Friday. Access for residents will be maintained and road closures will only be in place when work is ongoing.
Minister Mallon said:
“Belmont Park is a popular residential area and this investment will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of the road network benefiting residents and other road users.”
Completion of the work by 5 March is subject to favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £210,000 road improvement scheme for B43 Pomeroy Road, Pomeroy 28 September 2020
- £310,000 road and footway improvement scheme for B40 Moneyneaney Road, Moneyneaney 25 September 2020
- The Northern Ireland Planning Statistics: First Quarter 2020/21 Statistical Bulletin, has been published today 24 September 2020
- The Northern Ireland Road Safety Strategy (NIRSS) to 2020 Annual Statistical Report, has been published today 24 September 2020