Infrastructure Minister Nichola Mallon has announced that a £135,000 resurfacing scheme on Belmont Park, Belfast will commence on Monday 3 February 2020 and is scheduled to last for five weeks.
To facilitate the works it will be necessary to implement a series of road closures from 8.00 am to 6.00 pm Monday to Friday. Access for residents will be maintained and road closures will only be in place when work is ongoing.
Minister Mallon said:
“Belmont Park is a popular residential area and this investment will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of the road network benefiting residents and other road users.”
Completion of the work by 5 March is subject to favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Mallon announces £226,000 road improvement scheme for Baranailt Road, near Claudy 20 February 2020
- Agencies prepare ahead of weather warning for rain 20 February 2020
- Statistical press release – Publication of Road Safety issues in Northern Ireland 2018/19 20 February 2020
- £80,000 footway reconstruction scheme for Hillhall Park, Lisburn 20 February 2020