Infrastructure Minister Nichola Mallon has announced plans for Moira Park & Ride at Moira Train Station.
This project will provide 400+ new spaces close to the train station and will be a big boost for local commuters.
Minister Mallon said:
“I am delighted to announce this plan for Moira Train Station, that will provide over 400 new spaces close to the train station, delivering cleaner, greener, sustainable transport for locals. This is part of my commitment to protecting our environment and fighting the climate crisis by greening our infrastructure and doing what I can to drive down emissions as quickly as possible.
“I believe that our public transport network is vital in our recovery from COVID-19. Park and Rides, such as the one at Moira, will give citizens the chance to use the public transport network as an alternative to commuting, helping to drive down congestion and emissions.
“This project is part of a number of Park and Ride schemes I am committed to progressing across Northern Ireland. Moreover, as I work to deliver the change our society needs, I want citizens to work in partnership with us to transform our local communities and deliver that lasting change. Therefore I would encourage the public to engage with the public consultation so we can deliver more together.”
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- More information, including details on how to respond to the consultation, can be found online at: Moira Park and Ride. The consultation closes on Friday 5 March.
- Road improvement scheme for Derrylee Road, Maghery 02 March 2021
- Resurfacing scheme for A46 Belleek Road, at The Brooke, Enniskillen 02 March 2021
- Extension of appointments to the Drainage Council for Northern Ireland 02 March 2021
- Resurfacing Scheme for A20 Rowreagh Road, Kircubbin 26 February 2021