A £130,000 street lighting upgrade scheme on the West Circular Road, Bangor is due to commence on Monday 4 January 2021.
The scheme will involve the replacement of the existing lights with a new LED street lighting system and will also include a full replacement of all underground cables. The scheme will extend from the Springhill Junction up to the Clandeboye Road.
The Department has carefully programmed the work operations and traffic management in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. All work involving lane closures will be carried out during off-peak times Monday to Friday between 09.30 and 16.00. Road users should be aware that some delays may be expected and that additional time should be allowed when planning any journeys.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to take extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
The dates and duration of the works will be dependent on the progress and on favourable weather conditions. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and safety advice with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
Subject to weather conditions, the scheme is expected to be completed in mid-February 2021.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- LED street lighting scheme for Castle Street, Killough 21 January 2021
- Road Improvement Scheme, Lisnasure Road, Donaghcloney 21 January 2021
- Road resurfacing scheme for Newal Road, Ballymoney 21 January 2021
- £300,000 road resurfacing, footway and cycle track scheme for C663 Dublin Road, Omagh 21 January 2021