A £100,000 street lighting upgrade scheme on Wellington Road, Enniskillen, is due to commence on Monday 25 January 2021.
The scheme, which extends from Paget Lane to Henry Street Junction and includes Paget Lane, Paget Square, Castle Street and Anne Street, involves the replacement of the existing lights with a new LED lighting system and also includes a full replacement of all underground cables and columns.
The Department has carefully programmed the work operations and traffic management in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. All work involving lane closures will be carried out during off-peak times Monday to Friday between 9.30 am and 4.00 pm. Road users should be aware that some delays may be expected and that additional time should be allowed when planning journeys.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to take extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
The dates and duration of the works will be dependent on favourable weather conditions. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and safety advice with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
Subject to weather conditions, the scheme is expected to be completed in mid-March 2021.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Publication of ‘DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics– April 2021’ 18 May 2021
- Mallon launches consultation on enhanced facilities at Ballymena Park and Ride 18 May 2021
- Mallon announces appointment to the Board of Belfast Harbour Commissioners 18 May 2021
- Mallon encourages the public to get involved in planning 17 May 2021