A £200,000 street lighting upgrade scheme in Moss Park, Derry commenced on Monday 11 January 2021.
The scheme involves the replacement of the existing lights with a new LED lighting system and also includes a full replacement of all underground cables and columns. The scheme, when complete, will effectively renew the entire park’s street lighting system.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers, the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to take extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
The dates and duration of the works will be dependent on the progress and on favourable weather conditions. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and safety advice with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
Subject to weather conditions, the scheme is expected to be completed towards the middle of March 2021.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Road resurfacing scheme for Newal Road, Ballymoney 21 January 2021
- £300,000 road resurfacing, footway and cycle track scheme for C663 Dublin Road, Omagh 21 January 2021
- LED street lighting scheme for Castle Street, Killough 21 January 2021
- Road Improvement Scheme, Lisnasure Road, Donaghcloney 21 January 2021