A £90,000 LED street lighting upgrade scheme on the Main Street, Newcastle is due to commence on 25 January 2021.
The scheme will involve the replacement of the existing lights with a new LED lighting system. The new LED lights will retain the architectural style and daytime appearance of the original lanterns and will also improve the night time environment and uniformity of lighting.
The Department has carefully programmed the work operations and traffic management in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Lane restrictions are not planned, however, road users should be aware that some delays may be expected and that additional time should be allowed when planning any journeys.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers, the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to take extra care when travelling in the vicinity of the works.
All work will be carried out in line with current public health and safety advice with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
Subject to weather conditions, the scheme is expected to be completed by mid-February 2021.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Road improvement scheme for Derrylee Road, Maghery 02 March 2021
- Resurfacing scheme for A46 Belleek Road, at The Brooke, Enniskillen 02 March 2021
- Extension of appointments to the Drainage Council for Northern Ireland 02 March 2021
- Resurfacing Scheme for A20 Rowreagh Road, Kircubbin 26 February 2021