Infrastructure Minister Nichola Mallon has announced a recruitment campaign to appoint two Non-Executive Members to Warrenpoint Harbour Authority.
Minister Mallon said:
“These key posts offer an excellent opportunity for individuals to make a valued contribution to the management and continued growth of one of Northern Ireland’s main commercial ports.
“Warrenpoint Port’s Vision is to continually grow whilst maximising its contribution to the regional economy and community. I would therefore encourage anyone who considers that they meet the criteria for these posts and who has a genuine desire to make a contribution to the work and Vision of the Port to seriously consider applying.”
The time commitment for the post will be 1 to 2 business days per month. The Non-Executive Members will be expected to attend all Board meetings and other ad hoc meetings as required. The Members will receive remuneration of £7,807 per annum (under review) and reasonable travel and subsistence costs.
The appointment will be effective from 1 August 2021 and will run for a period of up to four years.
The competition documents, including the Candidate Information Booklet which provides details of the role and competition criteria at can be accessed at: www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/public-appointment-vacancies or DfI Public Appointments.
Alternatively contact the DfI Public Appointments Unit:
- by telephone - on 028 9054 0994;
- by e-mail - send your request to: email@example.com
- in writing - Clarence Court, 10-18 Adelaide Street, Belfast BT2 8GB
Applications will be welcomed from all sections of the community.
Women, younger people, people with disabilities and people from ethnic minority communities are currently under-represented on DfI Boards. Applications from members of these groups would be particularly welcome.
Notes to editors:
- DfI is running the recruitment competition in accordance with the Commissioner for Public Appointments, Northern Ireland (CPANI) Code of Practice.
- DfI has a policy of no appointment or reappointment without applying through an open public competition.
- The appointment will be made on merit and political activity will play no part in the selection process.
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9038 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Publication of ‘DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – March 2021 16 April 2021
- Mallon outlines action plan for the return of driving tests 15 April 2021
- Road improvement scheme for B2 Clare Road, Tandragee 13 April 2021
- Mallon: deeply concerned by railway incident 12 April 2021