Infrastructure Minister Nichola Mallon has announced a recruitment campaign to appoint five Non-Executive Members to the Northern Ireland Transport Holding Company (NITHC).
The Translink Group consists of a Public Corporation, the Northern Ireland Transport Holding Company (NITHC), which owns and controls seven private limited subsidiary companies (together referred to as the Group or Translink). They are Northern Ireland’s main public transport provider.
Minister Mallon said:
“These are key positions as the organisation continues to progress its business-improvement strategy to ensure the ongoing efficiency of its operation and to continue to focus on the promotion of public transport services post pandemic.
“I would encourage anyone who considers that they meet the criteria for the posts and has a genuine desire to make a positive contribution to the work of NITHC to apply.
I welcome applicants with varied experience and from a wide range of backgrounds. I believe diversity strengthens boards and adds to the good governance of public bodies.”
The time commitment for the post will be approximately 1-2 business days per month. Non-Executive Members will be expected to attend all Board meetings and other ad hoc meetings as required. The Members will receive remuneration of £12,858 and reasonable travel and subsistence costs.
The appointments will be effective from 1 October 2021 and terms will be for a period of either three or five years.
Applications will be welcomed from all sections of the community.
Women, younger people, people with disabilities and people from ethnic minority communities are currently under-represented on DfI Boards. Applications from members of these groups would be particularly welcome.
Alternatively contact the DfI Public Appointments Unit:
- In writing to Clarence Court, 10-18 Adelaide Street, Belfast BT2 8GB;
- By Telephone. 028 9054 0994
- By e-mail. Send your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors:
- DfI is running the recruitment competition in accordance with the Commissioner for Public Appointments, Northern Ireland (CPANI) Code of Practice.
- The appointments will be made on merit and political activity will play no part in the selection process.
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Road improvement scheme for Cromkill/Tullygarley Road and Toome Road, Ballymena 09 June 2021
- Mallon allocates budget of £19m funding for flood alleviation schemes 09 June 2021
- Extension of Non – Executive Member Appointments for the Board of Northern Ireland Transport Holding Company 08 June 2021
- Road resurfacing scheme for U8361 Crossmore Road and U8461 Mullaghmore Park, Keady 07 June 2021