Infrastructure Minister Chris Hazzard has welcomed the completion of a £1.2 million road improvement scheme at Temple Crossroads in County Down.
The new four leg roundabout at the junction of the A24 Carryduff Road and B6 Saintfield Road is in operation, two months ahead of schedule.
Chris Hazzard said:
“The completion of this roundabout is good news for the 10,000 motorists who use this road every day. The A24 is one of the main links between South Down and Belfast. This significant investment improves access from the Saintfield Road across the main A24 Carryduff Road and is already providing safety benefits for road users at this busy junction.”
Work on the Park and Share facility on the western side of the Saintfield Road, close to local bus stops is also recently completed ahead of schedule. This now offers more people the opportunity to access sustainable transport on this key route.
The Minister concluded:
“I would like to thank motorists and local residents for their patience while this much-needed improvement was completed.
“The growth of our economy depends on having good infrastructure in place to meet the needs of our people. The benefits of the upgrades to the Temple Crossroads go towards helping meet these needs and improving transport connections for people, goods and services.”
The Contractor still has some landscaping works to carry out, which is dependent on favourable weather conditions and TransportNI will keep the public informed of any change.
For information about this and other improvement schemes across the North visit: Trafficwatchni.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- Mallon – Hydepark Road scheme will create new opportunities for active travel 09 April 2021
- £500,000 resurfacing scheme for A36 Shaneshill Road, Larne 09 April 2021
- Essential maintenance works to start on M2 at Bellevue Bridge, Belfast 08 April 2021
- Mallon - Bus Drivers Deserve To Be Safe Doing Their Jobs 08 April 2021