Infrastructure Minister Chris Hazzard has announced that a £220,000 road improvement scheme at Mullaghglass Road, Lisburn, is set to begin on Monday 19 September.
Work involves extensive reconstruction and resurfacing of a 1.8 kilometre section of the road between Sheepwalk Road and Barnfield Road. It will also include the upgrade of the Pond Park Road East junction. Work is expected to be complete in late October.
Minister Chris Hazzard said:
“This significant local investment will improve the strength and surface quality of this strategic Lisburn City road. It will also help resolve ongoing maintenance issues. Existing road markings and high friction surfacing at the Mullaghglass Road/Pond Park Road East junction will also be upgraded to improve safety.
“The improvement will deliver benefits for the local community and visitors to the Lisburn area for many years to come.”
To help ensure the safety of road users and contractors the works will be carried out under road closure between 9.30 am and 4.30 pm Monday to Friday with weekend closures required to complete the final surfacing phase. Well signed diversions will be in operation and local access will be maintained.
As with all improvement schemes of this type the planned date are subject to favourable weather conditions.
TransportNI has planned the works and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the area.
For information about this and other improvement schemes across Northern Ireland visit TrafficwatchNI
Notes to editors:
- Media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure press office on 028 9054 0007. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07699 715 440 and your call will be returned.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- Mallon unveils preferred route for Cookstown Bypass Scheme 08 December 2021
- Council receives an update on roads infrastructure projects for Derry City and Strabane District Council area 08 December 2021
- Council receives an update on key infrastructure projects for Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council 07 December 2021
- Mallon announces main findings of Report on Pop-up Cycle Lanes 07 December 2021