Infrastructure Minister Chris Hazzard has announced that a £200,000 road improvement scheme on A3 Armagh Road, Portadown is set to begin on Monday 26 September.
Resurfacing will take place on approximately 700 metres of the A3 Armagh Road east of Vicarage Road. Work is expected to be complete by Friday 7 October.
Minister Chris Hazzard said:
“The A3 provides a vital link between Armagh and Portadown. The improvements in the Vicarage Road will be greatly improved and serve people in the area for many years.”
To help ensure the safety of road users and contractors, traffic management will be in place. Any diversions will be well sign posted and local access will be maintained.
The Department has planned the works operations and traffic management to minimise any inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when travelling in the area.
For further information about road improvement visit:
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07699 715 440 and your call will be returned.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- Resurfacing scheme for Main Street, Ballykelly 22 September 2022
- Minister O’Dowd delivers keynote speech on ‘Planning for Climate Outcomes’ at the Royal Town Planning NI Conference 2022 21 September 2022
- Resurfacing scheme for Greencastle Street, Kilkeel 21 September 2022
- Road improvement scheme for A26 Moira Road, Lisburn 21 September 2022