Infrastructure Minister Chris Hazzard has announced that a £125,000 road improvement scheme at Moira Road, Hillsborough is set to begin.
The scheme involves extensive reconstruction and resurfacing of a 1.7 kilometre section of road between Kilwarlin Road and A1 Hillsborough Road. The work will commence on Monday 5 December and is expected to be completed by late January 2017.
Minister Chris Hazzard said:
“This significant local investment will improve the strength and surface quality of this important rural route between Moira and Hillsborough. It will also help to resolve ongoing maintenance issues associated with the road.
“The improvement will deliver benefits for the local community and visitors to the Lisburn area for many years to come.”
To help ensure the safety of road users and contractors the works will be carried out under road closure between 8.00 am and 6.00 pm from Monday to Friday. Well signed diversions will be in operation and local access will be maintained. The works will stop on 22 December over the Christmas period. The road will not be closed during this time. Work will recommence on Monday 5 January.
As with all improvement schemes of this type the planned dates are subject to favourable weather conditions.
TransportNI has planned the works and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the area.
For information about this and other improvement schemes across Northern Ireland visit: Trafficwatchni.
Notes to editors:
- Media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email email@example.com. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow the department on Twitter @deptinfra
- Resurfacing scheme for Portadown Road, Armagh 22 September 2023
- Launch of recruitment competition for Chair to the Board of Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners 21 September 2023
- Resurfacing scheme for Aghory Road, Richhill 20 September 2023
- Department announces appointments to Board of Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners 19 September 2023