Infrastructure Minister Chris Hazzard today met council chief executives to discuss strategic planning issues.
Chairing the Ministerial Planning Group, which brings together representatives from central and local government, Minister Hazzard said:
“An efficient and effective planning system is an integral part of delivering the outcomes we want for our society across the North and directly affects our quality of life. It is central to putting in place the infrastructure needed for this generation and the next and lays the foundations to deliver the much needed roads, housing, office developments, factories, schools, hospitals – the list is endless.
“Joined up working between central and local government is key to delivering the draft Programme for Government outcomes to create a better society. I see this group as the key forum to facilitating open and constructive discussion, which will help us to broaden and deepen the debate around planning. It also provides us with the opportunity to deal with strategic matters of mutual interest and concern.”
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- Resurfacing scheme for Portadown Road, Armagh 22 September 2023
- Launch of recruitment competition for Chair to the Board of Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners 21 September 2023
- Resurfacing scheme for Aghory Road, Richhill 20 September 2023
- Department announces appointments to Board of Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners 19 September 2023