Infrastructure Minister Chris Hazzard has published the Rathlin Island Action Plan 2016-2020, aimed at supporting continued and sustainable growth for the community living and working on Rathlin Island.
The plan reflects the outcomes approach of the Executive’s Programme for Government to connect people and opportunities through our infrastructure. The strategic aims include enhancement of community involvement; improvement of public services; advancement of sustainable services for islanders; and the conservation of the island’s exceptional environmental heritage.
Making the announcement during a visit to Rathlin Island to chair the annual Ministerial Forum, Minister Chris Hazzard said:
“My firm commitment to the community on Rathlin Island is to ensure that the policy aims and objectives in this latest Action Plan are taken forward.
“Working with the Rathlin Development and Community Association, I aim to deliver the best possible infrastructure package for the community to help it continue to grow and prosper.”
The annual meeting of the Rathlin Island Ministerial Forum was attended by representatives of the Executive Departments, the Rathlin Development and Community Association and the Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council
The plan is the result of extensive stakeholder engagement and consultation with the island community to help ensure the Rathlin Island community continue to have access to services and infrastructure. It also considers how existing policies and service may be delivered differently to best meet the challenges of life on the island.
Notes to editors:
- The Rathlin Island Action Plan 2016-2020 is available to view online at www.infrastructure-ni.gov.uk/publications/rathlin-island-policy-and-action-plan
- Media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure press office on 028 9054 0007. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07699 715 440 and your call will be returned.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- Publication of ‘DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – April 2022’ 13 May 2022
- Road improvement scheme for Largymore Drive and Lansdowne Park, Lisburn 03 May 2022
- Temporary closure of lower deck of Craigavon Bridge, Londonderry 03 May 2022
- Road resurfacing schemes for Moneymore Dual Carriageway and East Circular Road, Cookstown 28 April 2022