The Department for Infrastructure is to hold a series of public engagement events on the infrastructure elements of the Programme for Government.
The Executive published the Programme for Government for consultation on 28 October. The Department has engaged with partners to develop a Delivery Plan focused on those key measures within the Programme for Government on which the DfI leads.
Minister Hazzard said:
“The outcomes based Programme for Government is designed to make a real difference to the lives of all our citizens by improving well-being, tackling disadvantage, driving economic growth, protecting the environment and enhancing public services.
“In order to achieve our outcomes we need to work with a range of partners to find new and innovative ways of doing things. My Department’s Delivery Plan outlines the actions which we plan to take forward, working with our partners, to maintain and develop our transport and water infrastructure. It also outlines those actions through which we will seek to increase the uptake of public transport, walking and cycling and sets targets that reflect NI Water’s continued improvement in performance.
“We will be holding a series of events across the north to outline our proposals. We want to hear views and comments from as wide a range of stakeholders as possible. I would encourage anyone with an interest to attend.”
The Delivery Plan is available to view on the NI Executive website at:
The events will take place on the following dates:
- 29 November 2016 - 6.30pm - NICVA Headquarters, Duncairn Gardens, Belfast
- 30 November 2016 – 9.30am – Loughry College, Cookstown
- 30 November 2016 – 2pm – Waterways Ireland HQ, Enniskillen
- 6 December 2016 – 7pm – Guildhall, Derry
- 7 December 2016 – 2pm – County Hall, Ballymena
- 8 December 2016 – 10am – Confederation of Community Groups, Ballybot House, Newry
Senior DFI officials will be in attendance at all events. People can also respond to the consultation on the Delivery Plan by using the attached link: email@example.com.
Please note that the consultation will close at 5.00 pm on Friday 23 December 2016.
Notes to editors:
- Media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 373 and your call will be returned.
- See photos from the Department for Infrastructure in our Flickr collection: https://www.flickr.com/photos/niexecutive/collections/72157669044006236/
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- £138,000 road improvement scheme at Clifton Park Avenue, Belfast 20 January 2020
- Mallon announces the start of £215,000 resurfacing scheme on Shean Road, Forkhill 17 January 2020
- Publication of Travel to and from School by Pupils in Northern Ireland 2018/2019 16 January 2020
- New traffic signals scheme on the A2 Belfast to Bangor Road to commence 16 January 2020