Infrastructure Minister Chris Hazzard has announced that work on the resurfacing scheme on the Drumaness Road, Drumaness starts on Monday 9 January 2016.
The scheme will involve the resurfacing of a 1.6 kilometre stretch of the A24 Drumaness Road from a point 120 metres north of the Drumaness Road junction (Corry’s Corner) to a point 1,720 metres north of the same junction.
The Minister said:
“This £237,000 scheme represents a significant investment in the roads infrastructure on the A24 Belfast to Newcastle route.
“The benefits of this resurfacing scheme will help meet the needs of the local economy and improve transport connections for people, goods and services.”
To facilitate this resurfacing work a temporary 40mph speed limit and a prohibition on overtaking will be implemented from Monday 9 January to Friday 17 February 2017. Weekend road closures will also be in place on the successive weekends from 7.00 pm Friday 20 January to 9.00 pm Sunday 22 January; 7.00 pm Friday 27 January to 9.00 pm Sunday 29 January and Friday 3 February to Sunday 5 February 2017.
During the road closures a diversion route will be signed with traffic being diverted via B2 Downpatrick Road/Annacloy Road, A7 Belfast Road, New Bridge Street/Church Street, A25 Market Street/Ballydugan Road and A24 Newcastle Road.
The scheme is expected to be complete by 17 February 2017.
TransportNI aims to keep disruptions to a minimum, however, delays should be expected and drivers are asked to be patient and allow additional time when planning journeys in the area.
With all work of this nature extreme weather can impact on the completion date. TransportNI will advise the public of any unexpected change to the schedule.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit:
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- Mallon: deeply concerned by railway incident 12 April 2021
- Mallon – Hydepark Road scheme will create new opportunities for active travel 09 April 2021
- £500,000 resurfacing scheme for A36 Shaneshill Road, Larne 09 April 2021
- Essential maintenance works to start on M2 at Bellevue Bridge, Belfast 08 April 2021