Infrastructure Minister Chris Hazzard has announced a £180,000 road improvement scheme for the B94 Rathkeel Road, Ballymena.
Minister Chris Hazzard said:
“This scheme will deliver significant improvements to the surface quality of the Rathkeel Road and continue my Department’s work to strengthen the rural road network and reduce future routine maintenance costs.”
The scheme, on the B94 Rathkeel Road, extends from the junction of Deerfin Road to the junction with Church Road, and will provide 2.4 kilometres of new road surface. Work will commence on Monday 23 January 2017 and is expected to be completed by Thursday 02 February 2017.
To protect the safety of road users and contractors during the scheme, temporary traffic management arrangements and road closures will be introduced. Local diversionary routes will be sign posted as the scheme progresses to facilitate through traffic.
TransportNI has carefully programmed the work and traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, however motorists should be aware that some delays may be expected and that additional time should be allowed when planning any journeys.
As with all improvement schemes of this type the planned date is subject to favourable weather conditions.
For information about this and other improvement schemes across the North visit: www.trafficwatchni.com/twni/
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- £550,000 road improvement scheme for A22 Belfast / Comber Road, Comber 22 March 2023
- £520,000 road improvement scheme in Caledon 16 March 2023
- Planning fees to increase from 6 April 15 March 2023
- Publication of ‘DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – February 2023’ 14 March 2023