Infrastructure Minister Chris Hazzard has announced a £170,000 road improvement scheme will start on Wednesday 24 August at Kingsway, Dunmurry in Belfast.
The resurfacing scheme will take place in two phases between the M1 Motorway Bridge and Auburn Street. Phase 1 will start on Wednesday 24 August to Friday 26 August 2016 and will include overnight closures for drainage; planning and regulating of carriageway. Phase 2 will start on Monday 29 August to Friday 2 September 2016 and will include more overnight closures for final surfacing to the carriageway.
Minister Chris Hazzard said:
“This scheme will strengthen the road structure and deliver an improved carriageway surface and is due for completion on Saturday 3 September 2016.”
To help ensure the safety of road users and contractors the improvements will be carried out under local traffic management arrangements. Phases 1 and 2 will have localised lane closures between 8.00 am and 4.00 pm with overnight closures between 9.00 pm and 6.00 am. Local traffic diversions will be in place.
As with all improvements of this type the scheduled dates are subject to change. In the unlikely event that work needs to be rescheduled TransportNI will publicise any revisions.
TransportNI has planned the works operations and traffic management arrangements to keep any inconvenience to a minimum; however, drivers should expect some delays and are advised to allow for additional time when travelling in the area.
In order to help ensure the safety of road workers, road users are asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to drive with care when travelling in the vicinity of the road works.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007. Out of hours, please contact the duty press officer via pager number 076 9971 5440 and your call will be returned.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra.
- ‘DfI Driver, Vehicle, Operator, and Enforcement Statistics 2023/24 Quarter One’ published 29 September 2023
- The draft Northern Ireland Road Safety Strategy (NIRSS) to 2030 Annual Statistical Report, 2023 is published 28 September 2023
- Newry Southern Relief Road – Community Information Event 28 September 2023
- Public Transport Statistics Northern Ireland 2022-23 statistical report published 27 September 2023