Infrastructure Minister Chris Hazzard today announced the completion of a £460,000 road improvement scheme on the Hillhall Road, at the junction with Glen Road, Lisburn.
Chris Hazzard said:
“The completion of this scheme is welcome news for the 12,000 motorists and local residents who use this busy road every day. The £460,000 investment will improve road safety with better sightlines and stopping sight distance.
“As part of the scheme British Telecom and Northern Ireland Electricity telegraph poles and over headlines were removed and placed underground. Older street lighting columns were replaced with upgraded, safer LED lit columns. In addition the existing masonry arch was replaced with a new culvert to minimise the risk of flooding.
“The growth of our economy depends on having good infrastructure in place to meet the needs of our people. The benefits of the upgrades to the Hillhall Road go towards helping meet these needs and improving transport connections for people, goods and services.”
Notes to editors:
- Media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure press office on 028 9054 0007. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07699 715 440 and your call will be returned.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- O’Dowd grants planning permission for Kells Solar Farm 06 October 2022
- Road improvement scheme for Carnreagh Road, Hillsborough 06 October 2022
- O’Dowd joins pupils to celebrate 50th Anniversary of Road Safety Teaching Calendar 06 October 2022
- Road improvement scheme for Lough Road, Lisburn 06 October 2022