Infrastructure Minister Chris Hazzard today announced the completion of a £220,000 road improvement scheme on the Mullaghglass Road, Lisburn.
Work involved extensive reconstruction and resurfacing of a 1.8 kilometre section of the road between Sheepwalk Road and Barnfield Road. It also included the upgrade of the Pond Park Road East junction.
Chris Hazzard said:
“The completion of this scheme is welcome news for the 2,500 motorists and local residents who use this busy road every day. The £220,000 investment will improve road safety with upgraded road marking and high friction surfacing at the Pond Park Road junction and resolve ongoing maintenance issues.
“The growth of our economy depends on having good infrastructure in place to meet the needs of our people. The benefits of the upgrades to the Mullaghglass Road go towards helping meet these needs and improving transport connections for people, goods and services.”
For information about this and other improvement schemes across the North visit the TrafficwatchNI website.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or e-mail: email@example.com
- Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- The Travel Survey for Northern Ireland Headline Report 2021 has been published today 30 March 2023
- A28 Loughgilly resurfacing – Sunday 2 April closure 30 March 2023
- The Public Transport Statistics Northern Ireland 2021-22 statistical report 29 March 2023
- Statistical Press Release – Travel to and from school by children in Northern Ireland 2021/22 23 March 2023