Infrastructure Minister Chris Hazzard has announced that a £200,000 resurfacing scheme for A3 Northway, Portadown is complete.
Work on the 250 metre scheme began on 17 October 2016 and was completed on 29 October 2016. The resurfacing extended from outside Portadown railway station towards Armagh, taking in the junctions of West Street and Corcrain Road.
Chris Hazzard said:
“This is a main link road between Armagh and the M1 motorway so completion of these works is welcome news for between 25,000 and 30,000 drivers that use this road on a daily basis.
“The growth of our economy depends on having good infrastructure in place to meet the needs of our people. The benefits of the re-surfacing scheme to the A3 Northway go towards helping meet these needs and improving transport connections for people, goods and services.”
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- Minister O’Dowd welcomes bus strike suspension 16 May 2022
- Publication of ‘DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – April 2022’ 13 May 2022
- Road improvement scheme for Largymore Drive and Lansdowne Park, Lisburn 03 May 2022
- Temporary closure of lower deck of Craigavon Bridge, Londonderry 03 May 2022