Infrastructure Minister Chris Hazzard has announced that a £200,000 resurfacing scheme for A3 Northway, Portadown is complete.
Work on the 250 metre scheme began on 17 October 2016 and was completed on 29 October 2016. The resurfacing extended from outside Portadown railway station towards Armagh, taking in the junctions of West Street and Corcrain Road.
Chris Hazzard said:
“This is a main link road between Armagh and the M1 motorway so completion of these works is welcome news for between 25,000 and 30,000 drivers that use this road on a daily basis.
“The growth of our economy depends on having good infrastructure in place to meet the needs of our people. The benefits of the re-surfacing scheme to the A3 Northway go towards helping meet these needs and improving transport connections for people, goods and services.”
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- ‘DfI Driver, Vehicle, Operator, and Enforcement Statistics 2023/24 Quarter One’ published 29 September 2023
- The draft Northern Ireland Road Safety Strategy (NIRSS) to 2030 Annual Statistical Report, 2023 is published 28 September 2023
- Newry Southern Relief Road – Community Information Event 28 September 2023
- Public Transport Statistics Northern Ireland 2022-23 statistical report published 27 September 2023