Infrastructure Minister Chris Hazzard has announced that a £150,000 resurfacing scheme for A4 Dungannon Road, Portadown is complete.
Work on the 615 metre scheme began on 2 November 2016 and was completed on 11 November 2016. The resurfacing commenced prior to the Derrykeenan Road and extended towards Portadown.
Chris Hazzard said:
“This is a main link road between M1 Birches roundabout into Portadown, so completion of these works is welcome news for between 5,000 and 10,000 drivers that use this road on a daily basis.
“The growth of our economy depends on having good infrastructure in place to meet the needs of our people. The benefits of the re-surfacing scheme to the A4 Dungannon Road, Portadown go towards helping meet these needs and improving transport connections for people, goods and services.”
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- Minister O’Dowd welcomes bus strike suspension 16 May 2022
- Publication of ‘DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – April 2022’ 13 May 2022
- Road improvement scheme for Largymore Drive and Lansdowne Park, Lisburn 03 May 2022
- Temporary closure of lower deck of Craigavon Bridge, Londonderry 03 May 2022