Infrastructure Minister Chris Hazzard announced a £950,000 major road improvement scheme on the A8 Ballynure Road in Newtownabbey.
The resurfacing works on the A8 Ballynure Road (including Corrs Corner roundabout, Houstons Roundabout and the dual carriageway between the roundabouts) will begin on the 22 August 2016 and be completed by 20 November weather permitting.
The Minister said:
“This work is essential for maintenance purposes and will have long term benefits with the new road surface along this stretch. The resurfacing work will take place on both roundabouts and the connecting dual carriageway on both sides. On the eastern side, a missing link in the shared cycle / footway will be completed from Corrs Corner to Houstons.”
TransportNI has made every effort to programme the necessary works operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience to the public. Motorists however, should be aware that some delays can be expected and they should allow additional time when planning journeys.
TransportNI has restricted lane closures on the Belfast bound section of the dual carriageway from 22 August for three weeks with closures lasting from 9.30 am to 9.00 pm. The work on the Larne bound side of the dual carriageway is planned to commence on 12 September with lane closures in operation from 6.00 am to 4.30 pm.
The resurfacing of the roundabouts will require full closures.
The diversion routes will be clearly signed and full details will be available on the Traffic Watch website.
TransportNI and the contractor will make every effort to minimise inconvenience and would ask that the public exercise caution and patience whilst the works are in progress.
As with all works of this nature, planned dates are subject to favourable weather conditions and TransportNI will keep the public informed of any unavoidable changes.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 076 9971 5440 and your call will be returned.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- Mallon unveils preferred route for Cookstown Bypass Scheme 08 December 2021
- Council receives an update on roads infrastructure projects for Derry City and Strabane District Council area 08 December 2021
- Council receives an update on key infrastructure projects for Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council 07 December 2021
- Mallon announces main findings of Report on Pop-up Cycle Lanes 07 December 2021