Infrastructure Minister Chris Hazzard has agreed to investigate the feasibility of gritting a route serving Lisneal College, Derry.
Chris Hazzard said:
“This section of the road is not currently gritted; however I have asked my officials to carry out a traffic survey to establish if traffic volumes are sufficient to justify gritting.
“Lisneal College is served by an adopted road through Summer Meadows, which is currently maintained by TransportNI and the street lighting is operating satisfactorily.
“I would call on the developer to ensure the safety of those using the unadopted section of the road which is also used by students to access the school.”
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- Council receives an update on road infrastructure projects for Armagh City, Banbridge and Craigavon Borough Council 2022 26 September 2022
- Resurfacing scheme for Main Street, Ballykelly 22 September 2022
- New Planning Portal in Autumn 21 September 2022
- Minister O’Dowd delivers keynote speech on ‘Planning for Climate Outcomes’ at the Royal Town Planning NI Conference 2022 21 September 2022