Infrastructure Minister Chris Hazzard has agreed to investigate the feasibility of gritting a route serving Lisneal College, Derry.
Chris Hazzard said:
“This section of the road is not currently gritted; however I have asked my officials to carry out a traffic survey to establish if traffic volumes are sufficient to justify gritting.
“Lisneal College is served by an adopted road through Summer Meadows, which is currently maintained by TransportNI and the street lighting is operating satisfactorily.
“I would call on the developer to ensure the safety of those using the unadopted section of the road which is also used by students to access the school.”
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- Minister O’Dowd welcomes bus strike suspension 16 May 2022
- Publication of ‘DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – April 2022’ 13 May 2022
- Road improvement scheme for Largymore Drive and Lansdowne Park, Lisburn 03 May 2022
- Temporary closure of lower deck of Craigavon Bridge, Londonderry 03 May 2022