A £85,000 footpath scheme on the Abbey Road, Millisle is due to commence on Monday 23 August 2021.
The works involves the provision of a two metre footway to be constructed along the Abbey Road from its junction with Millbrook Road, a total distance of approximately 440 metres. The project also includes necessary earthworks, kerbing and associated drainage works.
Minister Mallon said:
“I am pleased that the new pavement being delivered by this scheme in Millisle will greatly enhance provision for pedestrians.
“I would like to thank the public and local residents in advance for their cooperation while these works are completed.”
To help ensure the safety of road users and workers it will be necessary to close Abbey Road from 8.00 am to 5.00 pm daily, from the junction of U112 Ballybuttle Road to U159 Millbank Road junction from 23 August 2021 to Friday 17 September 2021.
Alternative routes for through traffic will be, Abbey Road, Main Street, Moss Road, Ballyblack Road East, Grangee Road and Abbey Road.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public, however road users should allow additional time when planning their journey and comply with all temporary traffic restrictions.
Completion of the work by 17 September 2021 is subject to favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Minister O’Dowd welcomes bus strike suspension 16 May 2022
- Publication of ‘DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – April 2022’ 13 May 2022
- Road improvement scheme for Largymore Drive and Lansdowne Park, Lisburn 03 May 2022
- Temporary closure of lower deck of Craigavon Bridge, Londonderry 03 May 2022