Flood response agencies including the PSNI, NI Fire & Rescue Service, DfI Rivers and Roads, Northern Ireland Water and Local Government are ready to respond to any further flooding in the North West.
Given pre-existing saturation levels and ground conditions across some Western/North Western areas in particular, the increased risk of heavy showers today could lead to some localised flooding.
Staff from all agencies are on the ground monitoring the situation, including latest weather reports and ready to respond if necessary.
The agencies continue to work together on the clean-up operation and are grateful for the patience of local people as this important work continues.
Regional Community Resilience Groups have been advised of weather patterns and to make appropriate preparations.
More than 8,000 sandbags have been distributed since Tuesday. Stocks are being replenished and will be made available in locations where there is an imminent risk to life or risk of significant damage to property from flooding.
To report incidents of flooding, please contact the flooding incident line on 0300 2000 100. Calls taken by the incident line staff are passed to the relevant responding Agency. All calls will be answered however waiting times may be longer when there is a high volume of calls. Please only phone 999 if there is a risk to life or you feel you are in danger and need the assistance of the emergency services.
Road users are reminded to adhere to road signs and any temporary traffic lights, to avoid roads affected by flooding if possible and to take care driving.
Information about preparing for possible flooding, and what to do after a flood, is available at: www.nidirect.gov.uk/flooding-your-area
Notes to editors:
1. All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974383 and your call will be returned.
2. Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- £80,000 resurfacing works on B3 Legananny Road, Loughbrickland 17 November 2017
- Publication of Penalty Charge Notice Statistics January to September 2017 16 November 2017
- £145,000 resurfacing work on Loup Road, Moneymore 15 November 2017
- Winter safety service in Southern Division fully operational 08 November 2017