Essential defect repairs are to be carried out at a number of locations on The Moy Road Roundabout, Lonsdale Road, Railway Street, Mall East, Gaol Square and Victoria Street.
These will be carried out on the weekends of 5 and 6 October and 12 and 13 October.
Due to the nature of the work it will be necessary to operate a road closure on Moy Road roundabout/Railway Street/Lonsdale Road on Sunday 6 October from 6.00 am until 2.00 pm. A signed diversion will be in place. Traffic from Loughgall Road will be diverted onto the Moy Road and all traffic on the Moy and Lonsdale Roads will be diverted via Banbrook Hill which will be opened to two-way traffic during this time. Further closures will be required on 11, 12 and 13 October, more details will be available nearer the time and also on www.trafficwatchni.com.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to exercise care when travelling through, or in the vicinity, of the works.
The Department has programmed the work and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when planning any journeys.
For up to date information about this and more information about this and other road schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110
- Follow the Department on Twitter: @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure .
- £200,000 road improvement scheme at Twaddell Avenue, Belfast 22 October 2019
- £350,000 resurfacing scheme for Shaneshill Road, Larne 18 October 2019
- £120,000 road improvement scheme on Ballymaglave Road, Spa, Ballynahinch 17 October 2019
- £475,000 resurfacing scheme for Millisle Road, Donaghadee 16 October 2019