A £370,000 drainage improvement scheme, in advance of proposed resurfacing on the A28 Armagh Road at Loughgilly, will commence on Tuesday 20 September 2022.
The improvement work will extend from 100 metres north of the Killycarn Road junction to 200 metres south of the Ballyvally Road junction and will provide a new drainage system in advance of a resurfacing scheme which is planned for later in the financial year.
To help ensure the safety of those using the road and to facilitate the works, it will be necessary to operate a daily lane closure, Monday to Friday, under traffic signal control, from 9.30 am to 16.30 pm commencing on Tuesday 20 September until Friday 9 December 2022. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey as delays are likely in the area.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public.
Completion of the work by 9 December 2022 is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change and will provide information regarding the planned resurfacing in due course. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For traffic information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Road improvement scheme for A21 Ballygowan Road, Ballygowan 02 June 2023
- Consultation on Northern Ireland Concessionary Fares Scheme launched 01 June 2023
- Road improvement scheme for Quay Street, Ardglass 24 May 2023
- Publication of ‘DfI Driver, Vehicle, Operator, and Enforcement Statistics 2022/23 Quarter Four’ 23 May 2023