Responding to calls for Infrastructure Minister Nichola Mallon to make a decision on Casement Park planning application, a Department for Infrastructure spokesperson said: “As the Department has stated publicly on a number of occasions, DfI is working at pace to progress this application so it can be brought to the Minister for a decision.
“This is a statutory process which must complete before it comes to the Minister for a decision. The Department anticipates all necessary responses will be received soon and officials will then make a recommendation to the Minister for her consideration in the summer.
“The Minister has stressed the need for progression of this long awaited application. After three years of no Government, the Minister hopes now she is in office, progress across the board can be made as we look to development as a key part of recovery for our communities and our economy.
“The Minister has stressed the need for progress in this application and is clear she won’t be distracted from her job.”
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Mallon issues her opinion on a number of planning applications at the Adelphi Hotel, Portrush 30 September 2020
- £210,000 road improvement scheme for B43 Pomeroy Road, Pomeroy 28 September 2020
- £310,000 road and footway improvement scheme for B40 Moneyneaney Road, Moneyneaney 25 September 2020
- The Northern Ireland Planning Statistics: First Quarter 2020/21 Statistical Bulletin, has been published today 24 September 2020