Responding to calls for Infrastructure Minister Nichola Mallon to make a decision on Casement Park planning application, a Department for Infrastructure spokesperson said: “As the Department has stated publicly on a number of occasions, DfI is working at pace to progress this application so it can be brought to the Minister for a decision.
“This is a statutory process which must complete before it comes to the Minister for a decision. The Department anticipates all necessary responses will be received soon and officials will then make a recommendation to the Minister for her consideration in the summer.
“The Minister has stressed the need for progression of this long awaited application. After three years of no Government, the Minister hopes now she is in office, progress across the board can be made as we look to development as a key part of recovery for our communities and our economy.
“The Minister has stressed the need for progress in this application and is clear she won’t be distracted from her job.”
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Mallon to extend Theory Test Pass Certificates for learner drivers. 08 July 2020
- Resurfacing scheme for Belfast Road, Newry 08 July 2020
- Road improvement scheme for O’Neill Road, Newtownabbey 08 July 2020
- Resurfacing scheme for Knocknashinna Road, Downpatrick 07 July 2020