A £300,000 road improvement scheme on the B8 Newry Road near Mayobridge in County Down is now complete.
The scheme which has improved the road alignment and forward visibility on the busy B8 Newry Road between Mayobridge and Hilltown, will also improve visibility for traffic exiting the Ballydoo and Edentrumly road junctions.
The completion of the scheme demonstrates the continued commitment of DfI Roads to improving road safety and enhancing the road network.
The Department would like to thank the travelling public for their cooperation and patience whilst this work was being carried out.
Notes to editors:
1. All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 076 2397 4383.
- £161,000 resurfacing scheme for Rathkeel Road, Broughshane 21 February 2019
- DVA enforcement officers to wear body worn video cameras 19 February 2019
- £280,000 road improvement scheme at Ballygomartin Road, Belfast 19 February 2019
- £176,000 road improvement scheme for River Road, Lisburn 18 February 2019