Essential defect repairs will continue to be carried out this weekend on Mall East and Gaol Square from 7.00 pm Friday 11 October until 8.00 pm Sunday 13 October in Armagh City.
Due to the nature of the work it will be necessary to operate a road closure on Mall East from 7.00 pm Friday until 8.00 pm Sunday with local access being maintained here via its junction with College Hill at the Court House. Gaol Square will be closed overnight Friday until 10.30 am Saturday when it will reopen to allow one lane of traffic to flow in each direction until 6.30 pm when it will be closed again until 8.00 pm Sunday. Traffic will also be prohibited from turning right from Barrack Hill onto Victoria Street throughout the works. Signed diversions via Mall West and College Hill will be in operation during the closures.
In order to help ensure the safety of road users and road workers the public is asked to comply with all temporary traffic restrictions and to exercise care when travelling through, or in the vicinity, of the works.
The Department has programmed the work and traffic management arrangements to minimise any inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to leave additional time when planning any journeys.
For up to date information about this and more information about this and other road schemes visit: www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110
- Follow the Department on Twitter: @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Minister Mallon announces appointment of the Chair for the Board of Northern Ireland Water 01 April 2020
- Mallon urges the public to support frontline workers 30 March 2020
- Statistical press release – Public transport journey planning in Northern Ireland 2018/2019 26 March 2020
- Minister announces free public transport for healthcare workers and further changes to services 26 March 2020