Multi-agency partners have been working in partnership overnight to respond to the impacts of Storm Ciara, clearing essential infrastructure to reduce the risk of flooding to homes.
Pumping will continue today in areas at risk and hundreds of sandbags have been issued. Close monitoring of water levels and tides is ongoing and will continue until the weather warnings have elapsed.
In Omagh, the Crevenagh Road Park and Share has been affected by flooding and those with cars left overnight are being asked to return to their cars as soon as possible.
Roads have been impacted by localised flooding and it has been necessary to close a small number of roads. The public are asked to consider the need for their journeys, take extra care when travelling and adhere to road signs and/or any temporary traffic control measures.
A warning for strong winds and heavy rain remains in place for today and tomorrow and it is possible this could lead to debris on the road, fallen trees and spray or large waves on coastal routes. If your journey is essential, reduce your speed, stay well behind the vehicle in front, remain focused and always wear your seatbelt. Traffic information can be found at Trafficwatchni
Agencies will continue to monitor the situation closely and take any necessary action.
To report incidents of flooding, please contact the flooding incident line on 0300 2000 100. Calls taken by the incident line staff are passed to the relevant responding Agency.
Information about preparing for possible flooding, and what to do after a flood, is available at nidirect - flooding in your area
Advice for road users in all adverse weather conditions can be found at nidirect - driving in adverse weather
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Mallon grants final planning permission for Casement Park stadium 28 July 2021
- Road improvement scheme for A2 Bangor Road, Belfast 27 July 2021
- Mallon welcomes appointment of contractor to take forward All Island Rail Review 27 July 2021
- Road improvement scheme for A26 Crankill Road Northbound Dual Carriageway, Ballymena 27 July 2021