A further multi-agency regional teleconference, facilitated by local government, was held this afternoon as departments, councils and utilities respond to the impacts from Storm Ali.
Around 60 roads have been closed and work is ongoing to remove obstructions, however road users should continue to take care driving as weather warnings remain in place until 10pm this evening. Agencies will continue to monitor the situation and respond as necessary.
The latest information on road and school closures is available on www.nidirect.gov.uk/winds, along with other advice and emergency numbers.
Notes to editors:
1. All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer directly on 028 9037 8110.
- £161,000 resurfacing scheme for Rathkeel Road, Broughshane 21 February 2019
- DVA enforcement officers to wear body worn video cameras 19 February 2019
- £280,000 road improvement scheme at Ballygomartin Road, Belfast 19 February 2019
- £130,000 road improvement scheme for Willow Gardens, Lisburn 18 February 2019