A further multi-agency regional teleconference, facilitated by local government, was held this afternoon as departments, councils and utilities respond to the impacts from Storm Ali.
Around 60 roads have been closed and work is ongoing to remove obstructions, however road users should continue to take care driving as weather warnings remain in place until 10pm this evening. Agencies will continue to monitor the situation and respond as necessary.
The latest information on road and school closures is available on www.nidirect.gov.uk/winds, along with other advice and emergency numbers.
Notes to editors:
1. All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or email: email@example.com. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer directly on 028 9037 8110.
- Warrenpoint Harbour Authority - Extension of two Non-Executive Members’ Board Appointments 18 April 2019
- Londonderry Port and Harbour Commissioners - Extension of four Non-Executive Members’ Board Appointments 17 April 2019
- £350,000 replacement scheme for Majors Bridge, Lisnaskea 15 April 2019
- Extension of Chair Appointment for the Board of Northern Ireland Water 08 April 2019