Overnight road closures to facilitate essential works between the Castledawson roundabout and the C557 Hillhead Road junction will be in place on Monday 17 and Tuesday 18 July.
The work to facilitate widening of the carriageway on this stretch of the road will result in some disruption to overnight traffic.
The road closure will commence at 10.00 pm on Monday 17 July 2017 and the road will reopen to traffic on Tuesday 18 July at 6.00 am. The closure will be in place again on Tuesday night from 10.00 pm until 6.00 am on Wednesday 19 July 2017.
Advanced warning signage for the closure will be provided and diversion routes will be signed as necessary.
DfI Roads and the A6 contractor has carefully programmed the works operations and traffic management arrangements in order to minimise any inconvenience to the public, however, motorists should be aware that some delays should be expected and that additional time should be allowed when planning any journeys.
For more information about this and other schemes you can visit www.trafficwatchni.com.
Notes to editors:
- East bound traffic will be diverted via A6 Glenshane Rd, C557 Knockloughrim Road, Knockloughrim, and the C557 Hillhead Road and back onto the A6 Hillhead Road / Castledawson By-Pass at the C557 Hillhead Road junction.
- West bound traffic will be diverted off the A6 at Brecart Roundabout, Toome, and via Roguery Road, Creagh Road, Aughrim Road, Magherafelt By-Pass and back out onto the A6 at Castledawson Roundabout.
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Out of hours please contact the duty press officer via pager number 07623 974383 and your call will be returned.
- See photos from the Department for Infrastructure in our Flickr collection: www.flickr.com/photos/niexecutive/collections
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra
- £1million LED relighting scheme on Bangor Road now complete 19 February 2018
- £200,000 flood alleviation scheme in Ahoghill 16 February 2018
- Publication of Penalty Charge Notice Statistics 2017 15 February 2018
- £55,000 resurfacing scheme for Friths Pass, Enniskillen 14 February 2018