Resurfacing work on the A28 Armagh Road at Loughgilly, planned for this weekend Saturday 11 and Sunday 12 March, has been postponed due to the risk of adverse weather conditions.
It is now proposed to implement full road closure on the weekend of Saturday/Sunday 25 and 26 March from 8.00 am to 7.00 pm each day. The road will be open to traffic outside of these times.
Traffic travelling toward Newry (Southbound) will be diverted via the B133 Bessbrook Road, Mountnorris, Bessbrook and A25 Camlough Road, with traffic travelling towards Armagh (Northbound) via the A28 Gosford Road, Poyntzpass, Tandragee and Markethill. The weekday lanes closures under traffic signal control will remain in place until work is completed.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- £520,000 road improvement scheme in Caledon 16 March 2023
- Planning fees to increase from 6 April 15 March 2023
- Publication of ‘DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – February 2023’ 14 March 2023
- £385,000 road improvement scheme for Lagmore Meadows, Belfast 10 March 2023