Strangford Lough Ferry fares for foot passengers will be suspended after 3.00 pm on Friday 19 July during the Portaferry Gala Night.
The suspension will allow ferry crews to safely manage the very large crowds of passengers using the Ferry Service on Gala Night.
The suspension, which will help minimise queuing and crowding in the interests of passenger safety, means no fares will be collected from foot passengers after 3.00 pm to the last sailing at 10.45 pm.
With between 5,000 - 6,000 people expected to use the service on Friday after 3.00 pm, the Ferry Service would encourage people to travel early, if possible, to minimise queues and avoid delays.
Normal charges for vehicles and drivers will apply at all times on 19 July. Normal charges for all passengers will apply from 20 July.
Notes to editors:
1. All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office on 028 9054 0007 or e-mail: email@example.com. Out of office hours please contact the duty press officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Road improvement scheme for Pond Park Road East, Lisburn 21 September 2020
- Infrastructure Minister announces first phase of this year’s Park and Ride programme 18 September 2020
- £90,000 road improvement scheme at Colinmill, Dunmurry 18 September 2020
- Road improvement scheme for Coleraine Road, Ballycastle 18 September 2020