A £1.7 million resurfacing scheme on the Sydenham Bypass, Belfast will commence on Friday 23 September 2022.
The work along the countrybound lanes, between the end of the M3 Motorway and Tillysburn junction, is scheduled to be completed over five consecutive weekends of 23- 26 September, 30 September - 3 October, 7- 10 October, 14-17 October and 21- 24 October.
To complete the scheme safely, it will be necessary to implement road closures on the countrybound lanes on each of these weekends between 11.00 pm on Friday night and 05:00 am on Monday morning.
A number of weeknight closures will also be in operation Monday to Thursday to facilitate preparatory works.
During these times a diversionary route will be clearly signed via Sydenham Road, Airport Road, Airport Rd West, Holywood Exchange, Belfast Road.
Completion of the work by 24 October is subject to favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Those road users, particularly those travelling to George Best Belfast City Airport are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
Completion of the work is subject to favourable weather conditions, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure.
- Infrastructure Minister John O’Dowd visits Portmore Lough Nature Reserve 05 October 2022
- O’Dowd announces new approach to road verge management to protect the environment 03 October 2022
- O’Dowd visits sluice gates at Toomebridge 30 September 2022
- The Northern Ireland Planning Statistics: First Quarter 2022/23 Statistical Bulletin, has been published today 29 September 2022