A £260,000 carriageway and footway resurfacing scheme on Pond Park Road will commence on Monday 9 August 2021
The resurfacing scheme extends from Beechdene Drive in a northerly direction for 1km towards Derriaghy Road and should be completed by 26 November 2021.
Minister Mallon said:
“This significant investment will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of this section of the road network to the benefit of local residents and those who travel through the area. I would like to thank the public and local residents in advance for their cooperation and ask that they comply with all temporary traffic restrictions while these much needed works are completed.”
To facilitate the works it will be necessary to implement a series of phased temporary traffic control measures as follows: -
- Lane closures will be in place weekdays Monday 9 August until Friday 27 August 2021 between the hours of 8.00 am and 5.30 pm.
- Lane closures will then be in place weekdays Monday 30 August 2021 until Friday 26 November 2021 between the hours of 9.30 am and 5.30 pm.
- Full road closures and associated diversions will be required over a number of weekends in October to facilitate carriageway resurfacing. This work will be notified and signed in advance and will be subject to favourable weather conditions.
The Department has programmed the work operations and traffic management arrangements to minimise inconvenience, however, road users should expect some delays and are advised to allow additional time when travelling in the vicinity of the works and are asked to comply will all temporary traffic restrictions. Local access for residents and emergency services will be maintained at all times.
Subject to favourable weather conditions all work will be completed by 26 November, however, the Department will keep the public informed of any change.
All work will be carried out in line with current public health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: email@example.com
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow the Department on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- Mallon extends temporary changes to major planning application process 24 September 2021
- Infrastructure Minister announces appointments to the Board of the Northern Ireland Transport Holding Company 23 September 2021
- Competition Launched for Non-Executive Board members 23 September 2021
- Road improvement scheme for Old Holywood Road, Belfast 22 September 2021