A £441,000 carriageway resurfacing scheme on Kilgad Road, Kells will commence on Monday 28 November 2022.
The works in total will extend for a distance of approximately 1.7 kilometres and will greatly improve the strength and surface quality of the road.
To facilitate the works, it will be necessary to operate a road closure from 7.00 am on Monday 28 November 2022 until 6.00 pm on Friday 23 December 2022. During these times a diversion will be in place via Liminary Road – A26 Larne Road Roundabout – A36 Moorfields Road – B59 Tully Road and vice versa. Local access for residents and emergency services will be maintained at all times.
The Department has carefully planned these road works and associated traffic management arrangements in order to minimise inconvenience to the public. Road users are advised to allow extra time for their journey and to follow the alternative routes which will be clearly signed on the approaches to the closure.
Completion of the work by 23 December 2022 is dependent on favourable weather conditions. The Department will keep the public informed of any change. All work will be carried out in line with current public health and health and safety advice, with safe systems of working in place for staff and contractors.
For more information about this and other improvement schemes visit: Trafficwatchni.
Notes to editors:
- All media queries should be directed to the Department for Infrastructure Press Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow us on Twitter @deptinfra and on Facebook @DepartmentforInfrastructure
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110
- £520,000 road improvement scheme in Caledon 16 March 2023
- Planning fees to increase from 6 April 15 March 2023
- Publication of ‘DVA Monthly Tests Conducted Statistics – February 2023’ 14 March 2023
- £385,000 road improvement scheme for Lagmore Meadows, Belfast 10 March 2023